Omaha Public Schools
Library Media Program
The mission of the library media program and curriculum is to ensure that every student has the opportunity to become an independent and responsible user of information and explorer of concepts.
1. Students will access information efficiently and effectively.
2. Students will evaluate information critically and competently.
3. Students will use information accurately and creatively.
4. Students will pursue information related to personal interests.
5. Students will appreciate literature and other creative expressions of information.
6. Students will strive for excellence in information seeking and knowledge generation.
7. Students will recognize the importance of information to a democratic society.
8. Students will practice ethical behavior in regard to information and information technology.
9. Students will participate effectively in groups to pursue and generate information.
(Goal statements taken from nine information literacy standards in Information Power.)